Special Education and Early Intervention Mediation

Parents of children in Special Education or Early Intervention Programs have the opportunity to participate in mediation when parents have a disagreement regarding the referral, evaluation, or placement of the child or regarding the provision of special education services.

How To Request A Mediation
Parents may request mediation by completing the Request for Due Process Proceedings form found in the Special Education brochure available by contacting our office. The parent sends the form to his/her child’s Committee on Preschool Special Education, Committee on Special Education or to the school district Board of Education.